The weather in Texas right now is GORGEOUS! It has been refreshingly cool in the morning and heats up in the afternoon, but not even to a point that would have me complaining.
Well, today I was able to enjoy this weather to its fullest. I started off the morning helping a friend, but it was a blessing for me as I was able to spend some quality time with a great friend and my "niece". After driving around town, we were killing some time at McDonald's. It was the first time in years that I was crawling through the tunnels in the playscape.
After dropping them off, I went to the Baylor softball game. It was good to see the Bears play a fall scrimmage, but it was an even better time mingling amongst so many friends there as well. I saw some wonderful people like Janice and the kids, the Gettermans, and an old teammate who is due with a daughter any day now. I was even reluctant enough to run into some of my ex-students.
I then grabbed some lunch at a newly remodeled McAlister's Deli in town and then went to the YMCA to watch some Pop Warner football. One of my students asked me to come to the game... it turns out I new almost all of the team and half of the cheerleaders. Their parents were so happy to see me there, and I really enjoy seeing my kids doing things they love.
I continued my mingling, by heading to the Waco Cultural Arts Festival that is in town this weekend. Our school put together a Children's Choir that sang in the Festival. (They did a fabulous job!) More students, ex-students, and parents. Whew! Besides all of that, I was able to spend a gorgeous afternoon with The Whitlark's.
To top it all off, I was able to drive with my sunroof open to a friend's house (again the Whitlark's, WOW!, that's three times today.) :) to watch the LSU vs. Auburn game. Believe it or not, I hate LSU and actually rooted for Auburn tonight, but I didn't bring too much luck as they lost by 5.
As busy of a day as it was, this was perhaps one of the BEST Saturday's I've experienced in a while. I wouldn't have traded it for anything! I hope your Saturday was as lovely as mine and I hope that you are enjoying such beautiful weather wherever you are!
10 years ago
1 comment:
YAH for hanging out with the Whitlarks 3 times in one day!!!! We loved it...thanks for your help too, you were a lifesaver.
Post a Comment