Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympic Experience

As most of you know, Brandon is currently in Beijing. I always get excited about watching the Olympics, but to know that he is over there, makes it all the more interesting. I hope you were all able to watch the Opening Ceremonies Friday night. What an amazing show!! Unforgettable. It was all culminated with a "Brandon spotting", as it has become known here in Waco. I spotted him in the parade of nations right behind Jennie Finch. He commented in an email he sent me as, "A great time" and "By far one of the best experiences of his life!" Here are some of the pictures that he has sent me. I will post more as he sends more...

View of the "Bird's Nest" and Opening Ceremonies from the infield as an American delegate.

The Stanford guys. John Rittman, Jessica Mendoza, Lauren Lappin, and Brandon.

Brandon also mentioned that the weather was so HOT that night, even as they stayed until 1:00 in the morning. The Ralph Lauren ensembles, while stylish, must have been very HOT! Before the walk into the stadium he was able to meet President Bush and former President Bush. I have a picture (that I found on nbcolympics.com under the Bush in Beijing photo collection) of the softball team(and Brandon) and President Bush, but I am unable to save it. You'll have to check it out for yourself. http://www.nbcolympics.com/photos/galleryid=186714.html
More news later...

No comments: